Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Summer of 2013 - Part 1

What did you do during the summer? Wait let me guess your response..... summer school, worked at a summer job or is it nothing much? Haha

Typical.

I did the craziest thing this summer - door to door sales with Southwestern Advantage. Let me guess what you are thinking.... I would shut the damn door on your face if you EVER come knocking on my door. Yup, that is the perception that most people have on salesmen - pushy, annoying, and telling me to buy something that I do not want/need!

The reason why I decided to do sales was because I wanted to become independent and to grow up! I am 22 years old and I have been spoon fed all my life. I have 3 older sisters and I am the only guy, so my mom spoils me rotten.

I did not do sales because I wanted to make a ton of money. I was in sales because I wanted to improve as a person and to be comfortable with the uncomfortable. Southwestern Advantage is an INTENSE internship program where you learn to run your own "business". You can work as much or as little as you want, but when everyone around you is working at least 80 hours a week, you would feel uneasy if you only worked 60 or even 70 hours a week. I learned that when I surrounded myself with people who worked harder than me, it motivated me. Have you heard the saying that millionaires hang out with millionaires? If you had 9 broke friends that you hang out with, the tenth one will most likely be you. Do you agree?

To be continued...



No comments:

Post a Comment